SPACE, SPLENDOR AND SKY
This is a home like no other: a dazzling mid-century design by renowned Bay Area modernist architect Robert Klemmedson, it balances elements of glamour with a sense of serenity. The almost half-acre lot is sited for maximum privacy and quiet, and of course, for spectacular views from every angle.
There are so many dramatic details – a vaulted living room ceiling with exposed beams; a hidden wet bar in the living room for impromptu soirees; a wraparound deck with views from all sides; and a fantastic elevated tub in the master bedroom suite with skylights and a sublime view. The recently updated eat-in kitchen has function and elegance, with the lovely Bay view framed above the sink. The indoor-outdoor flow is especially well-suited to entertaining.
This is not only a wonderful place for parties, both intimate and grand, but is also a lovely retreat at the end of a busy day. There are many graceful touches – the downstairs atrium-like indoor garden; the hot-tub off the kitchen; the zen garden in the front, shaded with oak, maple, pine and bamboo; and the airy, open feel of the layout, so that the view is always available. The lower level is especially peaceful, and can be used as guest rooms, an au pair suite or a deluxe home office.
Set on a private cul de sac, the location is ideal to enjoy not only the twinkling city lights, but the many acres of wilderness of East Bay Regional parkland as well.
Features and Amenities:
– all bedrooms feature an en suite bathroom
– luxurious master suite with fireplace, sliding doors to deck, wood ceiling and two walk-in closets
– spa-like master bathroom with jacuzzi tub, skylights and open shower
– upstairs bedroom has a floor-to-ceiling window that opens to the private zen garden
– spacious deck for alfresco dining, taking in the sunsets and enjoying the natural setting
– large lot offering quiet and privacy from all sides
– fantastic views from every window, the view is truly present throughout this home
– easy flow through living and dining rooms, kitchen and decks for effortless entertaining
– kitchen has concrete countertops, granite-topped island and a study station in the breakfast nook
– separate mud room/laundry facilities off kitchen
– lower level media/family room with fireplace and drinks bar
– separate entries to lower level, which could be purposed as guest rooms, au pair suite or home office
– perfect balance of water, sky, woods and nature
– steps from trailhead accessing 2500 acres of Joaquin Miller Park, Roberts Regional Recreation Area and Redwood Regional Park
– minutes away from the shop, cafés and shopping of Montclair Village, as well as easy access to Highway 13 and Rockridge BART for commuters
Montclair (also known as the Montclair District or Montclair Village) is a neighborhood in Oakland, California, United States. Montclair is located along the western slope of the Oakland Hills.
Although there is no formal definition of the neighborhood the general boundaries are Highway 24 to the north, Joaquin Miller Road to the south, the city of Piedmont to the west and the Contra Costa County border to the east. The center of the neighborhood is a compact shopping district known as Montclair Village which is located next to Highway 13 in the bottom of the valley. It lies at an elevation of 640 feet (195 m). Piedmont Pines is a leafy residential district just south of Montclair Village that boasts some of the best views in the East Bay.
The hills of Montclair are heavily forested and generally characterized by winding streets and large single-family houses, homes ranging from small but expensive cottages to mansions and estates. A few small apartment and condominium complexes are located in Montclair, primarily in the Village area. Large single-family homes dominate the housing stock, and the neighborhood includes a wide array of styles –– mid-century modern, Danish modern, Tudor, Mediterranean-Spanish/French, rustic, post-modern, craftsman, and the like, all comprising some of Oakland’s largest and most expensive homes.
The neighborhood includes several of the highest ranked public schools in the city – Montclair Elementary, Thornhill Elementary, Joaquin Miller Elementary, and Montera Middle School. Montclair is located in Oakland’s Councilmember District 4.
Share this Listing